Monday, October 17, 2005

Dora's a cruel, cruel mistress

I'm going to do a blog in which every entry is an apology for not updating more regularly. Yes, I know - that' what this blog has become. The catch - and the hilarity - of the other blog will be that I will update it daily, if not hourly. There is a general, boring chaos surrounding me right now that includes: - My boss, friend and favorite priest on the planet retiring from her post at my church. Really crushing news. I am essentially holding my breath to see whether I want to continue to work as the church secretary as the office conditions change. - Another trip to New york, this time complete with househunting. We saw a PERFECT house. We are bothin love with it. It's generally in our price range. The only problem is that we have too much to accomplish here in Florida before we can consider the move. - Trying to accomplish all there is to accomplish. Getting Mom's house emptied is like having a job scraping pet kittens on the highway. It's harder than I want to give it credit for. I want someone else to do it. Any takers out there? - Preparing for a trip tomorrow to visit my aunt and grandmother, who turned 93 last week. Buttercup and I are going together to celebrate. So you see, as usual there is much on my plate. I keep trying to figure out how to let some of it go, but there is nothing that can be eliminated. At least, I can't see anything right now. FUNNY KID STORY Buttercup and I were shopping in the pet food aisle of the grocery store - or the "market" as my daughter has started calling it - and she told me: "I don't eat dog food! I eat Buttercup food!" "Yes, that's right." "I don't eat cat food. I eat Buttercup food." "Right you are." (Moment of pensive silence. "I eat DORA food." "Oh, really? What does Dora eat?" "Boots."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:22 AM  
Anonymous peripateticpolarbear said...

You're moving to NY?

6:33 PM  
Blogger Bettie Bookish said...

Yes, we are planning to move to New York. Not *that* New York - the cheaper one with better scenery and more acreage attached. The one that snows way too much.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home