Thursday, August 18, 2005

A big day for a big girl

After months of hurrying to the bathroom with the announcement, "Go potty!" or "I need a use a potty, Mama!" Buttercup used the bathroom for the first time IN THE POTTY today. And me? I missed it. She was at her twice-weekly daycare experience, and I was working at the church. And although it is almost tempting to go all Guilty Mom about missing this precious milestone, I'm going to go the other way with it. The ONLY reason Buttercup used the potty is that every other child in her class did it, and she wanted to do it, too. Even R--, the newest student, who has never shown the slightest interest in the bathroom, decided all on his own to give it a shot. After school, we made phone calls to Papa to let him know her news, and also to Mima (grandma). I don't think either of them even considered feeling badly about missing the first potty moment. What's their problem?

1 Comments:

Anonymous peripateticpolarbear said...

woo hoo!!!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home